Kendra undertook its first research study in the year 1981 with the study of Kolta Women in Jaunsar Bawar Area with the objective of understanding the prevalence of prostitution among them on account of polyandry system. This was the first study that was ever undertaken on the phenomenon of trafficking based on socio-cultural practices.
Since then the Kendra has conducted 22 research studies. Nine studies have been done on the issue of trafficking.
Kendra has experience of undertaking action research studies and these studies have been widely referred for developing program strategies on various issues.
Kendra also published a Handbook for Voluntary Agencies which was widely circulated and used by local organisations and NGO’s.
STUDIES DONE BY KENDRA
- Survey of Socio-economic problems in 24 villages of Balangir district undertaken for Synodical Board of Social Service, Calcutta 1981
- Socio-economic status of Kolta Women in Jaunsar Bawar Area, study supported by Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Government of India 1981
- Socio-economic position of women in Ghaziabad 1983
- Problems of the Aged studied in 1984
- Flesh Trade / Trafficking of Women in U.P, study supported by Ministry of Social Welfare, Government of India 1985
- Study of public latrine system especially for women in Ghaziabad supported by T.D.H. New Delhi 1986
- Documentation of Rural Development programme and schemes of the Government Gandhi Peace Centre, Hyderabad 1987
- Study on Drought in Rajasthan supported by EZE, Germany 1988
- Bhagalpur communal riots: Report for Gandhi Peace Foundation 1989
- Study on female Prostitutes and their Children in Delhi, supported by Central Social Welfare Board 1990
- Girl Child Prostitution in Rajasthan, study supported by National Commission for Women, New Delhi 1997
- Girl Child Prostitution in India, study supported by National Commission for Women, New Delhi 1997
- Profile of organizations Working for Girls / Women in Prostitution, study supported by National Commission for Women, New Delhi. 1998
- Status of India’s Children 1999
- Socio-economic survey of 17 villages in Naugaon and Nautanwa supported by Plan International India, New Delhi 1999
- Environmental NGOs in India Gram Niyojan Kendra, Ghaziabad 1999
- Study of Trafficking in Naugaon supported by UNIFEM, New Delhi 2002
- Girls and Women in Prostitution in India, study supported by Ministry of Women and Child Development 2003
- Children of Prostitutes in Delhi, study supported by Ministry of Women Empowerment and Social Justice, Government of India. 2006
- Sex Tourism in India, study supported by Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. 2009
- Distress Migration and Trafficking, study supported by Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. 2011
- Missing and Trafficking Children, study supported by Plan International (India) 2014
The Kendra has published ten books. ‘A Hand book for Strengthening Voluntary Organisation’ which was brought out in 1985 was very well received.
Other publications include:
- Lowliest of the low- (Study on Socio-economic status of Kolta women)-1981
- Voluntary Action Against Drought: A guide for self management -1988
- Flesh Trade: A Report – 1989
- A Hand book for Strengthening Voluntary Organisations -1988
- Emerging Societal Changes and Voluntary Organisations- Challenges and Responses -1994
- Economic Reform and Social Workers -1994
- Female Prostitutes and their Children in the city of Delhi- A study Report -1990
- A National Profile of Voluntary Organisation working among Women and Children in Prostitution. -1998
- Girls and Women in Prostitution in India- 2003
The copy of these studies and publications are available at Kendra office and can be shared on request.